Merchants Fleet announced the official launch of its AdoptEV service in a recent news release.
This electric vehicle adoption tool was designed to educate and transition clients through the EV and electric vehicle supply equipment purchase process from concept to execution. With data addressing the needs of the industry, Merchants is ready to guide clients through the process of integrating EVs into their operations, with a personalized plan through the EV adoption process.
The AdoptEV program includes:
- Fleet Data Review
- Review of the organization's fleet needs, from fuel, telematics, vehicle weight class, daily trips, upfitting, vehicle age, mileage data, and more.
- Vehicle Recommendations
- Suitable EVs are recommended to replace internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles based on vehicle type, upfit, class, and range requirements of current ICE vehicles and their function.
- Charging & Energy
- Vehicle chargers by type and quantity are recommended by location to satisfy charging needs.
- Sustainability & Economic Savings
- Compare the total cost of ownership of ICE vehicles to recommended EVs
- Provide a mechanism to track and report against sustainability metrics
- EV Adoption
- A multi-year, custom EV adoption plan best suited to meet the goals and needs of the organization, down to the individual location.
"As a nationwide fleet provider, Merchants plays a crucial role in accelerating the transition to EVs for our clients," said Brendan P. Keegan, CEO of Merchants Fleet. "A few months back, we announced our plans to take the fleet industry to the next level. The latest updates to our client services — the development of AdoptEV and our membership with the Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance (CEVA) — reaffirm our commitment to innovative solutions that'll help propel our nation into an emission-free future."
As an expansion of the company's ecosystem of solutions, Merchants Fleet has also joined the Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance (CEVA) - an initiative led by the sustainability non-profit Ceres. CEVA is designed to drive change in the transportation sector by promoting the expansion and acceleration of electric vehicle production, as well as the adoption of supportive policies and industry best practices. As part of the membership, Merchants will collaborate with key stakeholders in CEVA to enable the transition of fleet clients into zero emission electric vehicles, to ensure they meet their organization's sustainability goals.
"We are excited to welcome Merchants Fleet as the 25th member of the Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance and look forward to supporting their transition to zero emission vehicles and working with them to accelerate fleet electrification in the United States," says Sara Forni, Senior Manager of clean vehicles, Ceres, and head of the Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance. "Fleet management companies will play an essential role in moving the automotive and trucking industries to a net-zero future, and Merchants Fleet will help fuel our efforts as we work toward a rapid, cost-effective, and successful transformation of the U.S. transportation sector. We are ready to help Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance members set and achieve their sustainability goals, and look forward to driving change, together."