On Nov. 8, Kia announced the 2024 Sorento Hybrid three-row SUV. After receiving minor packaging enhancements last year along with the newly added SX-P trim, the 2024 Sorento Hybrid carries over into the new model year with minor changes to color and trim options.
- EX FWD
- EX AWD
This hybrid comes with a 1.6T gas direct injection I-4 engine, with a 44-kw motor delivering 227 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft of torque. Switching from front-wheel drive (FWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) modes on the hybrid changes the fuel economy on the hybrid, with a combined EPA-est. MPG of 37 for the FWD and 34 for the AWD.
Highlighted Drive Assist Systems
These drive assist systems are standard on all trims:
- Blind Spot Collision Assistance – Rear (BCA-R) w/parallel exit
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist – Junction Turning (FCA-JT) fusion type, car & pedestrian & cyclist
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA)
- Navigation-Based Smart Cruise Control Curve (NSCC-C)
- Parking Distance Warning – forward & reverse (PDW-R) w/off switch
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Rear Occupant Alert – sensor type (ROA)
- Safe Exit Assist (SEW)
Additional drive assist systems are available for higher trims.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet