With this designation, the Genesis G80 and Electrified G80 join the Genesis SUV lineup of GV60, GV70, Electrified GV70, and GV80 with top honors in safety.
“At Genesis, our entire product portfolio is engineered with the highest standards of safety for customers,” said Claudia Marquez, COO of Genesis Motor North America. “We are pleased that the G80 and Electrified G80 executive sedans have been recognized for exceptional safety performance by IIHS.”
To qualify for IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ in 2023, a vehicle must earn:
- Good ratings in the driver-side small overlap front, passenger-side small overlap front, updated side, and original moderate overlap front tests
- Acceptable or good headlights standard across all trims
- Advanced or superior ratings of a front crash prevention system in both daytime and nighttime vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations must be available
G80 and Electrified G80 Earn Superior Ratings
The G80 and Electrified G80 earned superior ratings for the standard front crash prevention system in daytime vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluation and advanced rating in the nighttime test. Both sedan’s LED projector headlights were acceptable-rated on all trims.
All Genesis models are equipped with a suite of active and passive safety technologies including Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keeping Assist, Blind-Spot Collision Warning, and more.
Each vehicle in the Genesis lineup offers standard advanced safety features that help avoid crashes and provide advanced occupant protection when crashes do occur.
“The G80 and Electrified G80’s IIHS results have demonstrated our high standard for safety performance,” said Brian Latouf, Genesis global chief safety officer. “We are proud to have these models join our entire SUV lineup in earning TOP SAFETY PICK+ designations.”
Safety and Driver Assistance Technologies
The Genesis G80 and Electrified G80 are equipped with the latest in safety and driver assistance technologies, including:
- Ten standard airbags, including the front center airbag between the driver and center console, minimizing collision damage between driver and passengers
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist which can help mitigate the risks of collisions with detected vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists in certain conditions
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, helping reduce the chance of potential impact with a vehicle that is detected in the blind spot
- A platform including passenger compartment protection and reinforcement areas using advanced high-strength steel for safety
- Genesis Connected Services and Connected Care, providing always-on connection and allowing for safety features like Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, and SOS Emergency Assistance when the vehicle has access to a cellular network connection
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet