In honor of Earth Day, we look back at the number of fleet professionals who have been acknowledged as Green Fleet Sustainability All-Stars this past year.
Although the recipients of the third annual Sustainability All-Star award were recognized this past October during the 2013 Green Fleet Conference, the editors at Green Fleet decided what better day to once again highlight their accomplishments than Earth Day. The winners of this year’s awards were chosen based on professional longevity, accomplishments (significant sustainability achievements), innovation (innovative ways individuals have contributed to reducing emissions and fuel consumption), and overall industry involvement. These fleet professionals have reduced greeenhouse gas emissions, created green fleet and sustainability policies, and have dedicated their time and energy to ensuring the path to sustainability is clear. The following are the 40 individuals, including commercial and public sector fleet managers, as well as vendors/suppliers, recognized for their outstanding achievements in green fleet sustainability.
- Michael Bieger, Senior Director, Global Procurement, ADP
- David Boenitz, Dir., Ground Transportation, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
- Douglas Bond, Transportation services Manager, Alameda County, Calif.
- Bill Burns, Operations Manager, Div. of Fleet Management, City of Columbus, Ohio
- Roland Cordero, Director of Maintenance & Vehicle Technology, Foothill Transit
- Rob Donat, Founder & CEO, GPS Insight
- John Dufour, Owner, All-Star Transportation
- Kevin Gallacci, Maintenance Manager, Clallam Transit System
- Art Hale, State Fleet Manager of Energy & Environmental Sustainability, Colorado State Fleet Management
- Ron Halley, VP, Fleet & Facilities, Student Transportation, Inc.
- Dan Hannan, Director, Strategic Consulting, Merchants Fleet Management
- Phil Horlock, President & CEO, Bluebird Corp.
- Robert Howdyshell, Dir., Purchasing & Fleet Services, County of Riverside, Calif.
- Melissa Howell, Executive Director, Kentucky Clean Fuels
- Johnson & Johnson (Louise Davis-Lopez, Julie Pedelini, & Brian Snow)
- John Lapetz, VP & Managing Director, North American Vehicle Programs, Westport
- Ron Latko, Director, Transportation & Fleet Mgmt., Mesa Public Schools
- Keith Leech, Fleet Manager, City of Sacramento
- Kathlene Lockett, Fleet Clerk Specialist, Brighton School District 27J, Colo.
- Rick Longobart, Facilities, Fleet & Central Stores Manager, City of Santa Ana, Calif.
- Ed Lovelace, Chief Technology Officer, XL Hybrids
- Dick Malcom, Fleet Administrator, State Farm Mutual Insurance
- Brian Matuszewski, Mgr., Sustainable, Strategies, ARI
- Scott Mayo, Fleet Sales & Operations Mgr., SCT Fleet Solutions
- William McCarty II, Dir. of Budget & Management, City of Springfield, Ill.
- Colin Messer, Program Manager, State of New Mexico Energy, Minerals & Natural Resources Dept.
- Allen Mitchell, Chief, Equipment Bureau, Arlington County, Va.
- Brandon Morris, Director, Fleet Services, DIRECTV
- Kelly Muldoon, Director of Business Development, Venchurs Vehicle Systems
- Wayne Reynolds, Mgr., Upfit Design & Consultation, LeasePlan USA
- Jose Rivera, Corporate VP of Administration, J.J. Taylor Companies
- Jeff Shefchik, President, Paper Transport
- Abe Stephenson, Fleet & Administration Manager, Dish
- Brian Tabel, Director of Marketing, Isuzu Commercial Truck of America
- Joe Thompson, President, ROUSH CleanTech
- Jerome Webber, VP, Global Fleet Operations, AT&T
- David Worthington, fleet manager, Sonoma County, Calif.
- Tom Wurdack, Fleet Manager, Renzenberger
Read more about the winners’ green accomplishments here.
Find more information on the 2014 Green Fleet Conference here. The 2014 event is Oct. 29-30 and will be in Schaumburg, Ill.
Originally posted on Green Fleet Magazine