Convening Oct. 18-19 in San Diego, the 2010 Green Fleet Conference will provide "two intense days of education and dynamic dialogue for green fleet managers," according to Bob Brown, conference chairman and Automotive Fleet associate publisher.
This year's event will offer two first-time features: a green vehicle ride & drive and a dedicated exhibit hall.
Scheduled at the San Diego Town and Country Resort, the conference "is the only alternative-fuel and technology event that combines and focuses solely on car and truck fleets with an environmental sustainability component," Brown explained.
Event Features Four Components
Targeting fleet management professionals and supporting industry suppliers, the Green Fleet Conference features four components, said Brown.
• Education. Program elements include keynote presentations, workshops, seminars, and panel discussions personalized for fleet professionals. Two tracks of concurrent sessions will address specific challenges facing corporate and government fleets.
• Exhibits. A "brick and motor" marketplace will feature an expanded exhibit hall. Previous attendee demand led to this year's "traditional full-fledged exposition," said Brown.
"There just wasn't enough room or enough time to properly showcase all of the products and services available to fleet professionals" he explained. "The attendees and exhibitors asked for more, and we happily complied."
A list of participating manufacturers includes, but is not limited to, General Motors, Ford, Toyota, Audi of America, Mercedes-Benz USA, Chrysler, Volvo, Dodge, Nissan, Volkswagen, Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Kenworth, Isuzu, and Vehicle Production Group (VPG).
• Ride & Drive Event. For the first time, conference attendees will have the opportunity to test drive green vehicles and view new technology.
• Networking. The conference schedule offers dedicated networking opportunities to facilitate dialogue both in sessions and in a more informal setting.
"With special time set aside for networking, conference participants will have the opportunity to make new contacts, build strategic alliances, and bounce ideas off peers," said Brown.
Focusing on Sustainable & Profitable Fleets
The 2010 Green Fleet Conference offers the following benefits, according to organizers:
- Focused information dedicated to building cost-effective, sustainable fleets.
- Easy-to-implement tools and practical solutions to save money and improve efficiency.
- Up-to-date knowledge on the state of the industry and future trends.
- Facts and methods to drill down to accurate and relevant information.
- Sources and strategies to identify available money to implement and improve green programs.
- In-person case studies and real-world examples.
- Hands-on vehicle test driving and product demonstrations.
- A platform to exchange ideas, ask questions, and build strategic alliances.
- The opportunity for personal attention and quality time with current and potential vendors.
- Take-home information that will quickly return attendees' investment.
Conference registration is now open, offering a $200 early registrant discount before June 30.
Four registration methods are available:
• Online. www.GreenFleetConference.com.
• Fax. Download registration form from Web site and send to: (817)-277-7616.
• Mail. Download registration form from Web site and send to: Green Fleet Conference, c/o CRI, 2020 E. Randol Mills Rd., Suite 307, Arlington, TX 76011.
• Phone. Call (817) 635-0302.
Originally posted on Green Fleet Magazine