With 71% of the more than three million EVs on the road being model years from 2021 or earlier, and new tax incentives for owning a used EV more affordable than ever, 2023 looks like it could be the year of the used EV.
As a result, Recurrent, an EV analysis and market trends research firm, decided it was time to rate the best used electric vehicles for 2023.
Recurrent compared the most popular all-electric models against each based on cost per range mile, number in inventory, likelihood to be under $25,000, charging speed, charging network availability, average range score, seasonal variability, recurrent Report eligibility, connectivity, and annual price depreciation.
The inaugural set of honorees are:
- *Best EV Overall - 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
- Best used EV for around-town errands: 2020 Nissan Leaf
- Best EV when you don’t want to make a statement about driving an EV: 2020 Hyundai Kona EV
- Best used EV for skiing and winter weather trips: 2020 Tesla Model Y 2021
- Best used EV if you care about style over budget: Ford Mustang Mach-E
- Best mid-priced used EV for longer trips: 2019 Tesla Model 3
For complete ratings and information, go to Recurrent’s “Best Used EV” for 2023 Guide.