Hyundai Motor Company revealed the design of the IONIQ 6, the second model in its IONIQ all-electric-vehicle lineup brand, which the company describes in a statement as an "Electrified Streamliner," inspired by the company's Prophecy EV Concept. In line with IONIQ 6’s Ethical Uniqueness theme, the designers applied sustainable materials to the exterior of the vehicle.
“IONIQ 6 connects an emotional convergence of functionality with aesthetics,” said SangYup Lee, executive vice president and head of Hyundai Design Center in the statement. “The distinctive streamlined design is the result of close cooperation between engineers and designers, with obsessive attention to detail and customer-centric values at the core. We have created the IONIQ 6 as a mindful cocoon that offers personalized place for all."
Design details of the new model include:
- A low drag coefficient of about 0.21, assisted by its low nose, active air flaps at the front, wheel gap reducers, and optional slim digital side mirrors.
- 700 Parametric pixels in various places, such as headlamps, rear combination lamps, front lower sensors, air vent garnishes, and center console indicator.
- The rear wing’s parametric pixel High-Mounted Stop Lamp (HMSL).
- Hyundai Motor Group’s Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP).
- A modular touchscreen dashboard that integrates a 12-inch full-touch infotainment display and 12-inch digital cluster.
- Dual Color Ambient Lighting that provides overall interior illumination where users can choose from a spectrum of 64 colors, six dual color themes, and 4-dot Interactive Pixel Lights on the steering wheel.
- IONIQ 6’s interior is also trimmed in sustainable materials and colors. Depending on the trim level, these include eco-process leather (seats), recycled PET fabric (seats), bio TPO skin (dashboard), bio PET fabric (headliner), bio paint derived from vegetable oils (doors), and recycled fishing net carpet — the latter is a first for the IONIQ brand.
The IONIQ 6 world premiere will take place in July, when Hyundai will reveal the full specifications, including the electrified streamliner’s features and technologies.
Originally posted on Fleet Forward