Proterra has launched Proterra Powered™ vehicle electrification solutions, which leverages the company’s electric vehicle technology and expertise to help commercial vehicle manufacturers electrify their heavy-duty vehicles.
Proterra is already partnering with OEMs like Daimler, Van Hool, and Alexander Dennis to introduce 100% battery-electric vehicles that are powered by the company’s electric vehicle technology and provide clean, quiet transportation. Proterra and Thomas Built Buses, a leading manufacturer of school buses in North America and subsidiary of Daimler, have unveiled a new high-performance electric school bus, the Saf-T-Liner® C2 Jouley. Van Hool selected Proterra for its first all-electric motorcoach in the North American market.
In addition to providing vehicle electrification hardware, Proterra works with partners every step of the way to ensure a successful EV program. From initial design consulting, engineering services, and integration, to service support, training, and charging infrastructure implementation, Proterra offers comprehensive solutions for vehicle electrification. By partnering with Proterra, OEMs can leverage years of experience in electric vehicle engineering and proven operational performance to create the next leading electric vehicles on the road.
- Designed from the cell level up for commercial usage, Proterra battery systems’ modular designs enable customizable battery pack dimensions that can easily be configured to fit within a variety of heavy-duty vehicle platforms.
- In addition to industry-leading energy density, Proterra battery systems are manufactured with safety mechanisms built directly into the battery architecture and undergo rigorous testing to ensure they can withstand the toughest conditions.
- Proterra battery systems are coupled with the company’s high-performance electric drivetrains to maximize efficiency and provide longer range, greater acceleration, and simplified maintenance for heavy-duty electric vehicles.
- In addition to the electric vehicle components, Proterra also offers high-power charging systems that are purpose-built for heavy-duty applications and use standardized technology for interoperability. Proterra charging systems utilize the universal J1772-CCS Type 1 charging standard, enabling operators to utilize the company’s charging systems for a range of battery-electric powered vehicles.
- Proterra also offers a turnkey approach to delivering the complete energy ecosystem for heavy-duty electric fleets through Proterra Energy fleet solutions, including charging infrastructure design, build, financing, operations, maintenance, and energy optimization using the Proterra APEX™ connected vehicle intelligence system.
The Proterra Powered group is led by Toby Kraus. Kraus has been with Proterra for more than three years and has had a leadership role in Proterra’s finance, strategy, and business development efforts.
Originally posted on Metro Magazine